Here’s a step-by-step guide to applying for a grant for your Solar PV System from the Sustainable Energy Authority of Ireland (SEAI).
You will need to have the following information to hand:
- Your Meter Point Reference Number (MPRN), which is an 11-digit number that can be found at the top of your electricity bill.
- The year your house was built and occupied (it must be prior to 2011).
- Your BER number and your BER rating (the energy performance of your home after the installation of the solar PV system must be BER C or better).
Step 1 – Register with SEAI
- Go to https://mgen.seai.ie/Account/Login/Register
- Enter your user type (domestic or non-domestic)
- Enter your email address and create a password for your SEAI account
- Click ‘Register’
- Complete your personal details in the fields provided
- Confirm your email address by clicking ‘Confirm Email’ and follow the instructions sent to your email address
Step 2 – Create a Claim
- Login to the SEAI Claims Portal website
- On your homepage under ‘My Applications’ click ‘Click here to create a new claim’
Step 3 – Submit a Claim
- Enter your MPRN into the field provided and click ‘Check MPRN Address’
- Check the ‘Solar PV’ box and enter the ‘Applicant System Size (kWp)’
- Check the ‘Battery Storage’ box if applicable
- Enter your ‘BER Number’ and ‘BER Rating’
- Enter your address and the year your house was built
- Use the search icon to ‘Choose a Company’ and then search for ‘SolarShare’.
- Ensure ‘SolarShare’ is selected and then click ‘Select’
- Enter your payment details
- Click ‘Submit Claim’
- You should receive a confirmation email within 24 hours of submitting the claim
- Your application and the status of it will appear on your Claims Portal homepage under ‘My Applications’