Installing solar panels on your home is not a trivial matter.
Apart from the financial cost of the installation, it is a very complicated and technical endeavour requiring very specific skills and training.
You will need roofers, scaffolders and electricians specifically trained on solar installations.
Typically, your local electrician doesn’t do this kind of work because of the challenges involved.
Think about it: You are installing a power generating & possibly storage system in your home.
Over the months and years, megawatts of electricity are going to be generated, possibly stored in a battery, and then fed into your home and the grid from this system.
From a health and safety, financial and pure peace of mind perspective you want this done 100% right.
Choosing the right company to install your solar panel system is key to you having 25 years of hassle free power generation on your roof.
As I am sure you are aware, there has been an explosion in interest from home owners in installing solar panels to save money and help the climate. There has also been a corresponding explosion of providers offering solar panel installation services.
So how to pick a good one?
Here are some criteria you can use to help you make the right choice
What to look for in a solar panel installation company?
- Expertise and Experience
- Certification and Licenses
- Quality of Components
- Warranty and Maintenance
- Customer Service
- Positive Reviews and References
- Full Service Offering
- Transparant Pricing
Here at SolarShare we look to not just match but exceed these criteria in all we do.
Steeped in Solar
- SolarShare has a very experienced team. For example, the company founder started in solar PV in the UK over a decade ago and managed a domestic rooftop solar PV portfolio of 10,000 homes (23MW).
- SolarShare regularly hosts free webinars on the topic of solar panels and how to go about selecting the right system for you, sign up on our website.
- SolarShare has been operating in the Irish market since 2019, in particular in Dublin and along the East Coast. Germany introduced support for solar PV over 20 years ago, the UK over 10 years ago. The solar PV market in Ireland barely existed before the SEAI introduced it’s grant in late 2018. This local experience ensures we deliver the best solutions to our customers.
- All our installation crews are fully trained and certified. This allows us to maintain the highest of standards.
Hardware & Software you can trust
- There are many parts to a solar panel system such as panels, inverters or batteries etc. Despite at times supply chain issues that might slow installation down, we only use quality components that are proven to last. We never compromise quality for speed.
- You get peace of mind knowing all of our components offer excellent warranties of up to 25 years in some cases.
After sale service as good as the solar installation
- Your SolarShare system comes with a 1 year installation warranty. Any issues related to our workmanship will be resolved quickly. Issues related to manufacturer’s hardware requires their cooperation, hence the importance of having long-established relationships with them and their support teams;
- We have a dedicated and trained support desk available to all our customers;
- System performance is monitored regularly and an annual review is normally carried out;
- In the future, solar panel owners will be offered the opportunity to participate in our Virtual Power Plant. Once connected to the VPP, SolarShare will continuously monitor your system for optimal performance and maximise your income from the sale of excess electricity and balancing services.
The best system at the best price for your location
- No two homes are the same, different roof types & orientation to the sun, different energy usage & different budgets. Our solar survey and follow on consultations will ensure you get the system most suitable to your circumstances.
- During our consultations we take the time to ensure you understand all the choices you have in the installation and any costs associated with those choices.
- We are competitively priced and will ensure you get the full value of the recent VAT reduction on solar panel installations.
- Follow our guide to get your grant application pre-approved. Once your solar panel system is installed, we provide the information required by SEAI so they can continue to process the application to final payment.
What to do next?
We offer a free comprehensive solar panel survey for your home. Take this no-risk survey and you will find out exactly the potential of your location for generating electricity, how suitable your roof is for solar panels, how a solar panel system is designed for each unique location, and receive a quote showing all of the costs involved. You will get all your questions answered and probably a few you did not even think of. You can register for a free survey here.
As mentioned earlier, this Thursday the 24th of August @ 1 pm our Chief Solar Officer, Richard O’Rourke, is hosting a free Zoom webinar where he will cover many of the questions you have regarding Solar Panels for your home and provide real world examples of the saving you can expect. This webinar will last about an hour.
You can register for the webinar here https://bit.ly/3sfinYB